Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My first

Finally I was able to open my first Pena's Donut Heaven & Grill.  I was now married with two baby boys,  and working full time with the Houston Fire Department. Why would I do this?  First I had the hunger to do what my parents had started, as will as having the passion to become the best Donut shop around. My wife was very supported with this which was huge. The second thing was to find a location that would work. I great space came available that was close to the fire station that I worked at and also where my family had owned their shop. My family was well known and that was huge for me. I also attended high school in this neighborhood. My wife and I  then proceeded to  to work on our business plan. Having a good business  plan is important as it the key to getting your bank loan. My wife had business degree and was able to put a good plan together. We found a local bank who took a chance on us, he then made a be with us that we would not make it. Not only did we win the bet, but the business flourished. My next post will be about how I expanded the donut business by thinking out of the box. Have a great night and I will see you later.

The Donut expert.

No comments:

Post a Comment